Wednesday, July 04, 2007

RAD 7 - Merant Version Manager: SCC_E_INITIALIZEFAILED

I recently installed RAD7 on a freshly formatted machine. Merant Version Manager 8.0.2.3 was pre-installed on the machine (company image).

When I opened RAD I got some error dialogs.. When I tried to open Merant > Open from Merant Team Provider. I got them again:

Merant SCCJ dialog.
Incorrect SCC provider version installed.

Followed by SCCJ dialog.
Failed to load SCC provider.

Followed by Merant Team Interface dialog.
Failed to Initialize Merant Team Provider - Error Code:
SCC_E_INITIALIZEFAILED

In the workspace/.metadata/.log I find the following error.

!ENTRY com.merant.team.pvcs 4 4 2007-07-04 21:29:58.167
!MESSAGE Failed to Initialize Merant Team Provider - Error Code: SCC_E_INITIALIZEFAILED
!STACK 0
merant.interfaces.scc.SccException: Failed to Initialize SCC
       at merant.interfaces.scc.SccInstance.Initialize(Unknown Source)
       at com.merant.team.pvcs.scc.PvcsSccTeamProvider.GetFromScc(Unknown Source)
       at com.merant.team.pvcs.ui.scc.actions.GetFromSccAction.run(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WWinPluginAction.runWithEvent(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown Source)
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
       at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Unknown Source)
       at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Unknown Source)

The fix was supplied by Rob Noah on the Serena Message Boards. The fix is to un-register and re-register some *.dll and *.exe files

Save the following to two batch files within the devint\bin directory, which for me is C:\Program Files\Merant\vm\devint\bin.

Save this one as unReg_Devint.bat

REM save as unReg_Devint.bat
regsvr32 /u ActivityMonitor.dll
regsvr32 /u compcli.dll
regsvr32 /u COMSession.dll
regsvr32 /u DialogIntegration.dll
regsvr32 /u IFC_COM.dll
regsvr32 /u IFC_GUI.dll
regsvr32 /u IFC_SCC.dll
regsvr32 /u IFC_Services.dll
regsvr32 /u PvcsVmVCP.dll
regsvr32 /u SccSession.dll
pclioutproc.exe /unregserver
ActivityMonitorEXE.exe /unregister
pause;

Save this one as Reg_Devint.bat

REM save as Reg_Devint.bat
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Merant\vm\devint\bin\ActivityMonitor.dll"
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Merant\vm\devint\bin\compcli.dll"
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Merant\vm\devint\bin\COMSession.dll"
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Merant\vm\devint\bin\DialogIntegration.dll"
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Merant\vm\devint\bin\IFC_COM.dll"
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Merant\vm\devint\bin\IFC_GUI.dll"
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Merant\vm\devint\bin\IFC_SCC.dll"
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Merant\vm\devint\bin\IFC_Services.dll"
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Merant\vm\devint\bin\PvcsVmVCP.dll"
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Merant\vm\devint\bin\SccSession.dll"
"C:\Program Files\Merant\vm\devint\bin\pclioutproc.exe" /regserver
"C:\Program Files\Merant\vm\devint\bin\ActivityMonitorEXE.exe" /register
pause

Close all instances of RAD/Eclipse and Merant. Then run unReg_Devint.bat. Then Reg_Devint.bat. This fixed my problem.

No comments: