Windows: Delete a Service Definition when the files are gone

This happened to me wast week on my Windows 7 machine. I installed Adobe LiveCycle ES 2, something went wrong during the install and the un-installer didn't complete - so I simply deleted everything under C:\Adobe. I could not re-install Adobe LiveCycle ES 2 because the installer was telling me that the MySQL (and then the JBoss) services were already installed. These are services that the turnkey Adobe LiveCycle ES 2 installs. So in this case, none of the files were present (I deleted them) but the service definitions were still present in the Windows Control Panel > Services page. To delete them I ran the sc delete command as such:

sc delete "MySQL for Adobe LiveCycle ES2"
sc delete JBOSS_FOR_ADOBE_LIVECYCLE_ES2

Popular Posts